Business Intermediary & Advisory Services
We act as a business intermediary and assist with selling and buying businesses in Toronto and across the GTA.
Business intermediary services involve a level of expertise and experience that is often only available to large corporations.
At Beacon Advisors, we believe in working hand-in-hand with a variety of clients. We work with small and medium-sized companies with revenue between $1 million and $50 million.
When you work with Beacon Advisors, you can have peace of mind knowing that we are with you every step of the sales process.
Why Choose Beacon As Your Business Intermediary
Our Business Brokerage Services
We offer business valuation services for buying and selling businesses, settling disputes, applying for loans, and more.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Our team of M&A Business Advisors and Certified Business Brokers will provide you with meaningful and relevant advice to help you reach your personal goals for mergers and acquisitions.
Buy-Side Targeted Acquisitions
Beacon offers advisory services for business buyers across Toronto and the GTA. We consult targeted acquisition searches for clients looking to buy a business — or businesses — in a specific industry or location.
Abrupt changes and uncertainty of the future of your business can be distressing. We offer distressed investing services to help you identify and maximize overlooked business deals to make smart and strategic investments.
Debt Financing Solutions
Beacon offers debt financing solutions to help you minimize disruption to your business. We work diligently to help you maximize shareholder value.
Commercial Real Estate
In addition to providing transaction advisory services, Beacon is also a full-service commercial real estate brokerage.
We guide you through buying, selling, or leasing commercial real estate across Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Brampton, Hamilton, Pickering, Ajax, Oshawa and across Southern Ontario.
How we make it happen
Our Business Intermediary & Advisory Process
At Beacon, we focus on education. We educate our clients to help them understand how to make a great buying or selling decision.
Our business brokerage services involve a detailed process to ensure every transaction is successfully completed to our client’s benefit.
1. Business Valuation & Price Validation
2. Deal Terms Negotiation
After a deal proposal, our certified business brokers help negotiate the deal's terms to ensure the agreement is to your benefit and that your transaction goes smoothly.
3. Letter of Intent
4. Due Diligence Assistance
5. Purchase Agreement Terms Negotiation
6. Close the Transaction
Is Your Business Sellable?
We utilize sophisticated quantitative methods combined with advanced algorithms with dozens of different variables to assess the sellability of a business as well as its value.
Frequently Asked Questions About Business Intermediary Services
What is a business intermediary?
Business advisors like a business intermediary will typically receive a percentage of the profits once the transaction is completed, based on the agreement between the intermediary and the client.
Why do businesses use business intermediary services?
When individuals sell or buy a business, they are often an expert in the industry of the business they are looking to acquire or sell — but lack an understanding of the process required to complete the transaction. Beacon helps take the guesswork out of your administrative prep work and paperwork.
We work in your best interest to streamline your process and educate you. As part of our business brokerage services, we walk you through everything you will need to buy or sell a business, from the necessary paperwork to the articles of incorporation, to accountant prepared financial statements, premises leases, contracts, and governmental licenses.
How do I choose the right intermediary?
- Wide Scope Of Services For Smaller Business: At Beacon Advisors, we offer our clients a full suite of business brokerage services in Toronto to help them sell their business. We act as the business intermediary in business brokerage transactions to ensure our clients receive the industry best-in-class advisory services for selling their company.
- Ample Experience In The Field: Work with a certified business intermediary who has ample experience. On a daily basis, Beacon assists business owners in the planning, valuation, confidential marketing, negotiation and completed transactions of small to medium-size privately held businesses. We represent various businesses for sale across diverse industries and sectors, ranging from general contractors and other construction trades to printing and manufacturing businesses. Our brokers have extensive experience with both business-to-business (B2B) and business to consumer (B2C) companies.
- Sophistication of Services: As current members of the Institute for Mergers, Acquisitions and Alliances (IMAA) and former members of the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA), we pride ourselves on deploying highly sophisticated methods of preparation, valuation, marketing, and negotiation leading up to a successful business deal.
- Privacy & Protected Confidentiality: We work within exclusive representation terms with our partners, and our listings are not available through public domains like the Multiple Listing Services (MLS). As the opportunities we represent are generally well-performing, established businesses, we are extremely careful in marketing them confidentially and without disruptions to current operations. As part of our commitment to both sellers and buyers, each business’ performance is summarized within a confidential memorandum that is made available to qualified buyers only after they have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Mediation Abilities: No matter how accomplished in the respective business field a company is active in, the chances are that selling a business is not the business owner’s core specialty. This is why at Beacon, while we do not try to be specialists in every industry or business area, we are committed to being the best mediator and agent for small to medium-size business owners in the process of a business disposition.
How much do business intermediary & advisory services cost?
Contact Beacon Advisors for an initial consultation and to receive more personalized cost expectations. We are happy to walk you through your options for business brokerage services in Toronto or the GTA and help you weigh your options.