How to Valuate & Sell a Trade School with a Business Broker
If you own or operate a trade schools, you know how much growth and demand has changed over the past few decades. Skilled trades are in high demand and trade schools are the place to produce these professionals. Often also referred to as vocational or technical school, there is a lot of profit potential in the sale of an establish trade school, especially one that is well entrenched in the community and has a positive reputation.
The decision to sell a trade school is not an easy one. There are many factors to consider, including your reason for wanting to sell in the first place. For some, they want to retire, for others they want to get a strong return on their investment, free up capital for another project, or some just feel like they have done all they could to move the school forward. Regardless of your reason for selling, a business broker can help you ensure you get the best deal.
Are you thinking about selling your trade school? If you are serious about it, speaking with a business broker can help you understand the market and steps required to sell your trade school. At Beacon, we can help you evaluate and sell your company.
Valuate Your Trade School With A Business Broker
The first step to sell your trade school is to get a business valuation. If you want to get an accurate assessment of your trade school’s worth, using a business broker is the simplest option. Our business valuators can help you assess your current financial state, explore the marketing conditions, and see what other similar trade schools have sold for in the past. This information collected will help you get a proper valuation for your business. It will also help you set an effective sales price.
Key Considerations When Selling A Trade School
There is a lot to consider when selling your company in Canada. It’s more complicated than just setting a selling price and waiting for someone to make an offer. You need to ensure you consider the following when setting your sales price:
- Market conditions: Is now the best time to sell your trade school? Is there a market for your school type?
- Type: What type of trade school do you have? What programs do you offer? How big is your school? Do you offer programs that people cannot take at other schools?
- The popularity of trades: Are the trade education programs you offer aligned with the demand in the skilled trade market?
- Accreditations: Does your school have any accreditations? Have you won any awards?
- School reputation: Does your school have a good reputation in the community? Is your school known for developing strong professionals? Do you have a good reputation with skill trade companies?
- Financial strength: How strong are your books? Is your school at maximum capacity and bringing in as much tuition money and profits as possible? Are you operating lean?
- Competition: Is there a lot of competition in your region from other trade schools or community colleges? If so, how does your school compare?
- Staffing: Do you have a strong team of instructors? Is your team loyal and experienced?
Why Use A Business Broker To Sell Your Trade School?
If you are going to sell, you need to give some serious thought to using a business broker. It will give you the assistance, boost, and advantage you need to sell your school quicker and for top dollar. Business brokers will help you quickly position your company, uncover potential issues to address before selling, and give you peace of mind in knowing you did everything you could. Get the professional advice and consultation you need to ensure you attract qualified buyers and maximize your profit potential. If you are thinking about selling, you at least need to speak with a business broker to learn more about how they can help you with the sale of your trade school. It’s part of your due diligence.
Sell Your Trade School With Beacon
Are you seriously considering selling your trade school? Do you want to learn more about how the process works? Want to explore your options? At Beacon, we can help you sell and valuate your trade school and so much more. We’ll assist with creating a marketing plan, find qualified buyers and help you get the best return on your investment. Get in touch to start the process of selling your trade school.