How to Valuate & Sell a Pharmacy & Drug Store with a Business Broker
Are you thinking about selling your pharmacy or drug store? You are not alone. There are thousands of pharmacies across North America. They come in all shapes and sizes. The vast majority of these types of stores are highly profitable. This is also a reason why they are highly sought after by investors and by those looking to break into the industry.
There are many good reasons you may be thinking about selling a business in Ontario. Perhaps you are thinking about retiring and enjoying life. Or maybe you are looking to free up some capital or take on another business challenge. Regardless of your reason to sell, it’s very important to get the timing right. When you sell at the right time and value your company appropriately, you can maximize your investment.
At Beacon, our team of business brokers in Toronto can help you effectively sell your company. It starts by helping you get your business in order and getting a proper business valuation. From there we’ll help you determine the best sale price, marketing your pharmacy, find buyers, negotiate, close the deal and more.
Factors To Consider When Selling Your Pharmacy Or Drug Store
Selling your drug store is a big decision. There are countless things to factor into your decision. Many of them will play an important role in your business valuation and how much interest you can generate from potential buyers. Here are some key factors to consider when selling your pharmacy or drug store:
- Financial strength: How strong is your company financially? Are you profitable? How profitable? Do you have a long track record of turning a profit? Are sales on the rise? Can you show a projected profit increase in the future? All these questions will be asked by buyers.
- Location and condition of your building: Is your pharmacy in a good strategic location? Is the area around it busy? Is it growing? Is your property in good condition? Do you own the building or lease it?
- Inventory: Do you have a strong inventory management system? How well does your company manage your products? Do you have too much overstock? Are you understocked?
- Competition: Who are your competitors? How do you compare from a sales perspective? How are you similar and how are you different? What are your key differentiators?
- Reputation: Does your company have a good reputation in the industry and within the community? Is your business an active member of the community? What type of local connections do you have?
- Business operations: How well is your company run? Do you have a strong management team? Do you have long term employees or do you have issues with turnover? Do you have great customer service?
These are all important factors to consider. If you are weak in a specific area, take steps to improve before listing your business for sale. Inefficiencies and weaknesses can hurt your overall profitability.
Why Use An Experienced Mergers & Acquisition Broker?
When you make the important decision to sell, it’s important to do it the right way. A business broker can help you most effectively position your company to sell and get the best value. Here are some of the main advantages of using mergers and acquisition broker to sell your drug store:
- Peace of mind: No one wants to second guess the decision they’ve made. Get peace of mind in knowing you did everything you can to sell your company the right way.
- Expertise: Get access to an independent and unbiased expert to help you make the right decisions as you prepare your company for sale.
- Address unforeseen issues: Issues are bound to arise. A business broker is well equipped to handle them. You’ll be better prepared to deal with them.
- Smooth Transition: Brokers will help you make a smooth transition as you exit the company.
- Maximize Value: Perhaps most important, a business broker will help you get the most money for your company. They will help you improve weaknesses, take steps to make your company more attractive to buyers, and expertly market your company to attract qualified and interested buyers.
Sell Your Pharmacy & Drug Store With Beacon
Are you considering selling your drug store business? Not sure what to expect when selling your pharmacy? Our business brokers will guide you through the process and ensure you get top dollar for your company. Contact us to start the process of selling your drug store or pharmacy.