Are you thinking about selling your oil & coatings company? Want to explore your options and see if right now is the right time to list your company for sale? At any given time, there are many business owners just like you thinking about the merits of selling.
What Are The Top Reasons Oil & Coating Companies Are Listed For Sale?
There are many great reasons why you may want to sell your company:
- You are thinking about retirement
- You have other interests you would like to pursue
- You want to dissolve a partnership
- You have lots of interest in your company
- You’ve done everything you can do with the company
- You need to free up cash
Regardless of your reason for selling, choosing the best sales approach is the key to completing the sale and getting top dollar. One of the best resources you can use is a business broker. Selling your company will not come without its fair share of challenges. A broker can be your trusted advisor throughout the process.
At Beacon, we’ve helped many organizations just like yours achieve their sale objectives. Whether you want to sell fast, find the best time to sell, or maximize your ROI, we can help. Leverage the benefit of having access to a full service mergers & acquisitions advisory firm.
When Should You Sell Your Oil & Coatings Company?
This is a very important question to answer. For some companies, now is the best time to sell. For others, it may be worthwhile to wait for market factors to change. It all really depends on your company, your business goals, industry trends and other factors.
Here are some key factors to consider when establishing a timeline to sell your company:
- The current state of the economy
- Industry trends – is there a positive, neutral, or negative outlook?
- Your current company value
- Interest rate levels
- The level of interest from buyers in your company
- Your company’s current financial status
- Projected growth
All of these factors need to be taken into account when assessing if now is the right time to sell. A business broker can help you better understand the best timing to list your company for sale.
Why Should I Use A Business Broker to Valuate My Oils & Coatings Company?
Getting your business valuation right sets the tone for the rest of the sales process. Many companies struggle with setting a correct valuation for their business. Personal bias can creep in when an objective perspective is required. How you price your company is important. If you price it too low, you could lose out on profits. If you price it too high you could have challenges selling and finding the right buyer.
A business broker is an ideal option to perform a business valuation. They are an objective third party. They are experienced, thorough and can help you establish a realistic value. This will help you sell quicker and get the best price for your company.
How To Sell Your Security Company with a Business Broker
Business owners generally want to know two main things – how much their business is worth and the steps required to sell their company for top dollar. While every company is different, there are some general steps that are required in all transactions.
One of the main advantages of working with a business broker is you can have the peace of mind in knowing you have an expert managing all steps. Brokers can help you with:
- Business assessment: A holistic perspective on the current state of the company
- Getting your finances in order: Understand the financial strength of the company
- Boost value: Take steps to increase profitability
- Business valuation: Determine company value and selling price
- Marketing plan: Establish a plan to market the company to buyers
- Identify qualified buyers: Find interested purchasers
- Negotiate terms: Work with buyers to agree to terms
- Close the deal
Sell Your Oils & Coatings Business with Beacon
If you are giving some serious consideration to selling your company, we want to speak with you about your options. Our advisors have helped small to medium sized companies just like yours. We are here to answer your questions, put your mind at ease, and help you navigate the sales process. Let us help you complete your sale so you can move on the next step. Contact us to start the process of selling your oils & coatings business.