Established, Award-Winning VQA Winery For Sale
For sale through Beacon Advisors is one of the leading and most established VQA wineries in Niagara-on-the-lake and Ontario.
The Asking Price includes property, business as a going concern, and over $2.5M at book value net assets (equipment, inventory, etc.). Also included in the Asking Price is a real estate holding company that generates income from leasing the property and land to the winery (valued at 7.5% capitalization rate of net income), and a multi-bedroom residential property that can easily be converted to a bed and breakfast.
The company has an established client base and is a major supplier to the LCBO, as well as an exporter of select brands outside of Canada. The winery specializes in classic New World wines including red, white, and ice wines. In addition to its strong retail presence, revenue is generated from its retail shop, wine tastings, seminars, and classes. The business is turn-key, with an established middle management structure and winemaker on staff.
Major Business Parameters:
– Asking Price: $8,700,000
– Book Value of Capital Assets (included): $1,390,000
– Inventory (included): ~$2,000,000
– Employees: 16
– Real Estate (included): 31.5 acres (26.75 vineyard) + all buildings and leasehold improvements
– EBITDA: Upon Request
– Strong export presence built over the past decade.
– Excellent presence in and relationship with the LCBO, which is the near-monopoly retailer of wine in Ontario.
– Growing VQA sales marks growing support for VQA wines among Ontario consumers
– Current “go local” movement supports sales of VQA wines in Ontario
– Excellent growth possibilities through various distribution and sales channels (beyond LCBO) in Ontario, in other Canadian provinces, and in Asia.
– Well-established company in an industry with high barriers to entry
– Outstanding on-site store and staff.
– Attractive location in the heart of Ontario’s wine country.